Brunton F-5006 International Pocket Transit effectively reduces needle “dip” when professionals travel to different hemispheres. (Call us for the special balancing required for absolute precision in distant areas.) Powerful Alnico V magnets are mounted to a polished, cupped sapphire jewel bearing, allowing for smooth needle movement.
This International Brunton LM pocket transit is the most popular aluminum body version because it is waterproof and dust proof. It has the traditional machined aluminum compass body finished in a durable textured light gray enamel. Brass hinges and pivots are attached to the pocket transit by screws. The Brunton international pocket transit model 5006LM scaled in 0-360 degrees, dust and waterproof, aluminum metal case, and comes with leather pouch.
Adjustable needle locking mechanism with two positions: Unlocked – releases the needle for azimuth readings. Locked – momentary release of the needle for strike measurements by pressing and holding the release mechanism, then lock the needle for reading by releasing the mechanism.
This International Brunton LM pocket transit is the most popular aluminum body version because it is waterproof and dust proof. It has the traditional machined aluminum compass body finished in a durable textured light gray enamel. Brass hinges and pivots are attached to the pocket transit by screws.
- Alnico V magnets for quick magnetic north needle alignment
- Needle has a lower center of gravity allowing for use in a wider range of countries
- Vertical angle measurements to ±90° or 100% grade
- A percent grade scale with increments of 5%
- Induction dampened needle for quick, accurate readings
- Sapphire jewel bearing allows for smooth needle movement
- Magnetic declination adjustment allows for east or west declination settings to ±180°
- Short and long sights for increased accuracy when sighting azimuth or vertical angles
- Precision aligned mirror with convenient “see-through” sighting capability
- Cast aluminum body makes the International Pocket Transit nearly indestructible
- Ball & socket tripod mount for increased accuracy
- Sealed with silicon for waterproofing and increased reliability
- Leather case included
|Size:||3.1″ x 2.8″ x 1.3″||Body Material:||Cast aluminum body|
|Weight:||6.8 oz.||Azimuth Accuracy:||±1/2° with 1° graduations|
|Vertical Accuracy:||within 1/2° with 1° graduations and 10 minute readability||Vertical Angle Measurement Range:||to +/- 90° or 100% grade|
- Brunton 5006 International Pocket Transit Compass
- Leather Transit Case